Thursday, February 18, 2010

Daddy's Little Apprentice


Welcome my first blog for 2010. I know we're half way through February already, but business has been again very busy. It's as though somebody had flicked on a switch. My phone started to ring almost constantly, emails began flooding through to my inbox, and there weddings, portraits and commercial assignments to photograph.

So, I've finally found myself a moment to let you know what's been happening here at Peter Gumpert Photography.

One amusing little moment that happened was just last month. I was working in front of my computer when I heard a little voice behind me say, "Cheese Daddy". I turned around to find my youngest son standing there, holding an old Kodak instamatic camera that he'd picked up off my shelf, wanting to take a picture of me. To my surprise, he had the camera pointing the right way and was trying to look through the tiny viewfinder.

Like any parent (and any good photographer!), I took a picture of him.

Looking at the photograph of him, it made me wonder, could my little boy be the next great photographer of the world, such as Ansel Adams, Henri Cartier-Bresson or even Annie Leibovtiz?

Well... OK, maybe it's just the over active imagination of a very proud Dad. He is still yet to take his first photograph with a working camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment